Ella prakash was born in Bahrain. It seems like she has been painting and drawing since her first breath, her professional art career started in the early 1982s. She has worked in various medium her acrylic paintings present the world as if seen through a prism, with bold colors parceled out into geometric forms that offer fleeting.
Ella’s artistic skill being shifted from the unknown to the open with a hope to express herself and connect to her audience, Ella’s brushes started to create unique pieces in post modern and contemporary art forms each piece being an exceptional work of various elements – abstract, figurative, geometric, – showcase the positivity and the liberal thought process of a highly opinionated artist. Her work as a painter takes her to the figure as it moves in space the gesture is important to her and taking out the details and trying to capture the rhythm the lines are what she tries to achieve as she draws and feels what the pose is about. . Ella’s figurative art work display the symmetrical beauty of the universe encapsulated in the form of a woman the paintings carry a message drawn with mystical lines, surrealistic shapes, perspective designs that are painted with soft colors, light and dark, displaying playful elements of mass, volume and texture.
The pieces created almost break through the fourth wall attracting a viewer even through the peripheral vision of the stories painted. Ella Prakash being a celebrated artist across the globe, through her exhibitions has shown a clear evolution in her approach to art making it evident its truly limitless power.
Being inspired by works of greats such as George Braque , Pablo Picasso and Paul Klee, Ella’s process of making art is that of an experimental nature.
Her inspirational liberal thought process believes that there is no ‘bad art’. To her, people may express divinity, morbidity, serenity or gore in numerous ways but what remains is the artist’s inward significant thought rather than the outward appearance of things.
Ella encourages all the young aspiring artists worldwide to continue what they are doing and believe in the power of an open unbounded mind: an advantage many artists before did not have.
- 2016/ Asia House - London Group Show
- 2016/ Visual art gallery (solo show)
- 2016/India Habitat Center- Visual Art Gallery- New Delhi India (solo)
- 2015/ Nehru center London UK
- 2015/ Arts For India London
- 2015/ ArtExpo Newyork Booth #133
- 2015/Debut Contemporary London (solo show)
- 2014 / Nina Torres fine art - USA(Miami)
- 2014 / Debut contemporary UK
- 2013 / Debut Contemporary in London-UK
- 2013 / Brick lane gallery - London UK
- 2013 / Tads art gallery- Delhi /solo show
- 2012 / Renaissance Gallerie –Bangalore India –(solo show )
- 2011 / Jain Marunouchi Gallery –New York (Group Show)
- 2010 / Agora Gallery--New York (Group Show)
- 2010 / Marziart Internationale Galerie (Germany)
- 2010 / Southern Nevada Museum of Fine Art--Las Vegas-(Group show)
- 2010 / Amsterdam Whitney Gallery International of fine art--New York (Group show
- 2010 / Ico Gallery -–New York (Group Show)
- 2010 / Sams Art Hub- Mumbai India (solo)
- 2009 / Jain Marunouchi Gallery –New York (Group Show)
- 2008 / Delhi, India
- 2008 / Ella Art Gallery,- Bahrain (Solo)
- 2007 / Hotel Crown Plaza,- Bahrain (Solo)
- 2006 / Formula 1 Exhibition in Bahrain National Museum
- 2004 / Mother & Child Welfare,- Bahrain
- 1999 / Bahrain National art Museum
- 1992 / Bahrain National art Museum
- 1988 / Bahrain National day Exhibition
- 1986 / Bahrain Art Society
"International Contemporary Masters Volume III"
The New Collectors Book - http://thenewcollectorsbook.com/2014/12/01/ella-prakash/
ATIM’s Top 60 Masters presents: Ella Prakash - http://www.arttourinternational.com/atims-top-60-masters-presents-ella-prakash/
Selected and shortlisted in ArtGemini Prize 2016
Shortlisted in 4th International Emerging artist award 2016 http://www.emergingartistaward.com/Gallery2015
10th International the American Juried Art Salon Awards. TOPTEN International Art Competition, Women in the Arts (Artrom Gallery Rome –Italy)
Honorable mention- By Art vita.com 2nd Art contest
Shortlisted in EWAA East- West Art Award 2014